Although Coffee Scrubs have been around for a good while now, it isn’t until now that I’ve tried one. It sounds quite odd, doesn’t it? Scrubbing your body with crushed coffee. But, honestly it’s something I now wonder how I lived without it. Most scrubs can be either very expensive, or claim to contain 100% natural ingredients when they actually don’t.
Bean Burst is a brand I’ve heard a lot about from other bloggers and was so overwhelmed when they kindly sent me over a product to test out. At last, it’s one that actually has 100% natural ingredients! I chose to try the Sweet Orange Blend*, as its properties calm, cleanse and revitalize the skin – something I knew my skin needed.
Maybe you’re thinking, why coffee? Coffee is a natural antioxidant that helps to boost blood circulation, which in return helps hydrate the water in the fat cells that helps to firm and tighten the skin. I’ve seen huge improvements of cellulite reduction just after a few weeks, especially in my thighs.
As well as Robusta Coffee, the other ingredients are Pink Himalayan Salt, Marula Oil, Virgin Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil and Apricot Kernal Oil. Jill, the inventor and co-founder of Bean Burst says “what we created was not only a natural skin care product that helped dry skin, but also targeted acne, scarring, cellulite, stretch marks and psoriasis.”
There are three different coffee blends to choose from, all of which last 6-8 weeks when using it 2-3 times per week. I’ve used it for about 3 weeks now and haven’t yet hit half way, so you really get a lot for your money. To see more of the products click here.
A few facts about what the natural ingredients can do for you skin:
· With regular use, the caffeine can reduce the appearance of cellulite as well as tighten the skin and brighten
· The Marula Oil is known as Africa’s ‘miracle oil’, as it contains more than 60% more antioxidants than any other oil to give you the most benefits
· The Coffee and Marula oil blend reduces the appearance of redness, scars and stretch marks
· The Pink Himalayan Salt contains 84 minerals that are also found in the human body, therefore the product will easily absorb and give you fast results
· The Raw Coconut Oil contains high levels of vitamin E to prevent premature ageing
What do you think of coffee scrubs?